Monday, May 16, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Card by Susan Tutt

Look for this card in the November 2011issue of Cards.


Today we are celebrating Teachers and what better way than with a wonderful card!  
I created this card using a file folder cut down to the size of a 6x6 card. Using  KI paper lace as a mask gives my card a fun background.  I then layered a tag,  patterned papers and 7 Gypsies gaffer tape. 
  


To finish off this cute card I took some school themed brads that I had and turned them into charms.  Simply bend the legs off your brads and punch a hole with your piercer and insert a jump ring and there you have an instant charm!



Show your child's teacher how much you appreciate all they do, with a card.  I hope this gets the creative juices going!  Be sure to share what you create with us...we would love to see your projects!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea of using up those brads. The card is adorable and I'm sure any teacher would be happy to get it. And I'm pretty sure I have that gaffer tape in brown and have never opened it...I think I'll pull it out for a few teacher's cards.

    ReplyDelete