Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy NSD - Celebrate Scrapbooking!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day to all you crafters, artists and mamarazzi's! I asked the designers of The Inspired Scrapper to share some tidbits about themselves, along with a few of their all-time favourite projects.

Sonja McLean here to share a few of mine.


I scrapbook because I have a bad memory! Documenting the day-to-day is essential to recalling (and celebrating) our family life together. Plus, who can resist paper, stickers and pretty embellishments...flowers, buttons, ribbon...oh my!?! In addition to the craft itself, the friends and colleagues I've made are second to none. Scrapbooking is a small world, but a beautiful one if you surround yourself with inspiring people.

My organizational tip is not about organizing at all, but about keeping things visible. When I buy something new, I keep it on my desk. I'm more likely to use it if I use it right away. I keep a bin of stamps (ones I've bought but haven't used yet) on my desk, along with my new patterned papers. I bought them because they spoke to me somehow, so I try to draw on that inspiration right away rather than stashing it for later?

My must have tool is my corner rounder and sanding block. Can't scrap without them!

My favourite manufacturer for paper is Crate Paper, Echo Park and Basic Grey. My favourite embellishments are by Hambly, Jenni Bowlin and Prima. My all-time fave stamps are by Purple Onion...classic images and they're easy to store (and cheap to have shipped) because they're unmounted.

My most "out-of-the-box" projects are these baby shoes made from Grunge Board:

And this 4x4 photo sleeve project which I love because it allowed me to use bits and pieces of my favourite things in one place...like chipboard, stamps, rub-ons, flowers, lace cardstock and overlays. All the things I love to hoard!


My favourite altered item. A large canvas celebrating my youngest daughter's first year:


Also, this 4x4 album I made using printed tissue to cover the chipboard.


My favourite layouts: A sketch by Becky Fleck featuring photos taken by my "adopted" daughter, Gel and my oldest son, Isaiah.

A simple layout that I adore because it took me an hour to make and features my favourite patterned papers (at the time).


My favourite card using heart stamps by Purple Onion:


Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment