Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Happy National Scrapbooking Day - Virginia Wong

A cheery good morning to Everyone and a very happy National Scrapbooking Day too from me, Virginia!!!


I scrapbook because I absolutely love every aspect of this wonderful hobby - the relationships, the sincere friendships, the joy of creating, the process of documenting our familial history, the photography and of course, all of those delicious scrapbooking goodies!!!

My most "out of the box" project is a tie between creating a layout about me and creating a "shabby chic" layout. These were created in response to a challenge and boy was it ever a challenge.


Supplies:  Nikki Sivils (pattern papers), American Crafts (alphas, pen, chipboard accents)



Supplies:  Close to my Heart (cardstock, paper flowers, buttons); Melissa Frances (pattern paper); American Crafts (alphas); BasicGrey (buttons); Tattered Angels (glimmer mist); ribbon (source unknown); Prima (bling)

My favorite organizational tip is store all your leftover alphas by letter. Yes there are 26 bags BUT you can quickly and easily find the letters you are looking for when you are creating a unique title. Plus, you are using all those precious alphas!

And must have tool is quilting ruler! I love having the lines of my photos, alphas and pattern papers evenly spaced and lined up neatly *blush* My quilting ruler does the trick because it is divided into 0.25" increments! Love it!

I have many favorite manufacturers so to pick just one is a real toughie for me but I adore Echo Park, Pink Paislee, American Crafts. BoBunny, Nikki Sivils and October Afternoon. They consistently bring fresh, innovative lines each season.

A few of my all time favorite projects are as follows:


Supplies:  Close to my Heart (cardstock); BoBunny (pattern paper, chipboard accents); American Crafts (alphas); Chatterbox (gems); Kaisercraft (pearls)


Supplies:  Doodlebug house template; Making Memories acrylic paint; SEI pattern papers and elements


Supplies:  Urban Swank (pattern paper); EK success (circle punch); Glitz Designs (gems)

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment