Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Card Challenge By Susan Tutt

My challenge this week is to incorporate a tag or tags and dry or wet embossing onto a card! Wow that's a lot for a little ole card. But look what I came up with. I made my card tag shaped and embossed it with a fun distressing technique that I am going to share with you! First of all here is the card I created. I love the urban modern look of it, it would make a great card for a teen.
There are a lot of textures going on here! First I started by sponging ink through a piece of metal screen. Next, I stamped my card with a Fancy Pants circle stamp and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. To create the distressed embossed look I placed a piece of printer paper over my embossing and ironed it with a warm iron. The iron melts off some of the shine from the embossed areas and gives it a flat or distressed look. I also added some color to random circles with colored distress inks. The last thing I did was to spritz a little glitz spray to the card.

I hope you enjoyed my distressed embossing technique today! I want to see how I inspired you today, so post your embossed tag card and link it to your comment.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I love your techniques ... especially the embossing and taking away with an iron ... very cool!

    ReplyDelete