Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Challenge by Susan Tutt

It is friday and time for another great challenge! This weeks challenge is anything Halloween, so get ready for some project overload!!

I created this layout of my daughter using My Minds Eye Halloween paper line . I love the muted oranges of this paper. Adding lots of dimension and texture to my pages is kind of my thing, I used buttons, tulle, chipboard letters, sewing, pleating of paper and an acrylic journaling spot from Maya Road to achieve this. I also added dimension to my picture by printing both a b/w and colored photo. I cut the pumpkin from the colored photo and adhered it to my b/w photo with a pop dot.


Lots of distressing with paint and an edge distresser, on this layout. I also love to add non scrapbooking items to my pages like these pipe cleaners that I sewed on to the edge of my photos.

Using non traditional papers on a themed page is another thing I like to do on my layouts. I used Sasafrass Lass on this pumpkin carving page.

These cute pumpkins were cut on the Cricut.

This cute little mini album was made using drink coasters! I modge podged patterned paper to the coaster to create this fun cover!

Using a mask can create a great page, I used Heidi Swapps bat mask on cardboard.


I hope I have given you some new ideas for scrapbooking all of those pictures you will be taking this weekend of your little trick or treaters! My kids are so excited for Halloween, this year I have a little warewolf and an 80's girl. I was a teen in the 80's and it is hard to believe we dressed like that!! Have a safe and fun Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, wow, you a lot of lovely detail on each of these projects ... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you've been busy. They all look so great.

    ReplyDelete