Friday, November 5, 2010

Imperfect Photo Challenge by Erica Perkins

When I saw this challenge, I knew it was made for me. If you are like me, you are on a mission to capture great photos of your little men. The problem is they don't stop moving do they? Even with my flash on,even with my ISO set on high, or shooting on the action setting of my camera, I still struggle to get a clear photo of my son that isn't blurry or a photo where he isn't missing a limb.

The photo I chose for this challenge is a little blurry, my son appears to be missing his extremities and the tip of his head, but it was perfect for a quote that I have wanted to use for along time. Trust me, there are a lot of imperfect photos in my photo box to choose from, but this one stood out. I loved that he was leaping so happily from something (see even that is missing in this photo). It's the look on his face that is perfect to me (and it's not even looking at the camera)...he was challenging himself to jump off something that was a bit high and he was overjoyed that he did.

Supplies used: Cardstock: Bazzil; Patterned Paper: Collage Press; Alphas: Basic Grey and Carolee's Creations; Punch: EK Success.

So next time you are looking through your photos and you say, "oh this would be perfect for the layout, if only ________________ (insert complaint here)", use the photo anyway, it's part of the memory making, it's part of your experience and sometimes, it is still the perfect photo to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment