Friday, November 12, 2010

Hello, and welcome to another challenge at The Inspired Scrapper! This week's challenge is a colour challenge using this photo (taken from the Internet, source unknown) as inspiration:



Here is my layout, based on these colours:



The photos are of my beautiful little niece, Olivia, and were taken by the amazingly talented Karen Dyke, of Karen Dyke Photography. The colours in the inspiration photo are quite deep and bright. I used 'quieter'/more muted shades of the brown, pink, and green. I also based my layout on this sketch from Becky Fleck's August 2010 Pagemaps:



Sketches are such a great starting point if you are lacking your own creative mojo, or if you are pressed for time and want to shorten the design process. Sometimes I'll start with a sketch as a leaping point and the end result won't resemble the original sketch at all, but in this case, as you can see, I stayed very close to the sketch.

We would love to see what this week's colour inspiration brings out in your creativity - share with us using our November linky!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love the one with the headband. Great job toning down the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete