Friday, August 27, 2010

Senses Of Summer Challenge By Chriss Hird


Summer is such a sensory rich season, don't you agree? There are so many beautiful colours in the garden, at the beach or the park. The fair grounds ring with sounds of delight and joy, nevermind the scents wafting through the air (mmm...mini donuts---I can smell those a mile away!) Then there's the feel of waves crashing around you at the beach, the sand in between your toes, or the warmth of a campfire at dusk. Scrapping about your senses really invites you to take a close look at the little things, and you really get a new appreciation for them!

This photo, taken at the PNE a few years ago, really got me going. The title was a given - I really didn't have to think hard on that one! Then I thought of each sense: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste, and came up with this layout.


Most of the elements used on this page are old stash. I adhered some of the chipboard letters here in the title with my Around The Block Paper Tagger.


I used Stickles to make the spider's line, as well as adding some around the title letters. I used odd scraps of ribbon I had left over from other projects, you know those teensy bits that you think aren't big enough for anything? Well, they worked here! And the little spider's legs were made with the Fiskars crimper. Very simple!


And here are the summery senses that this photo made me think of! Again, the tags are fastened with the paper tagger so they jingle-jangle a bit. I love a bit of movement on a page!


Take a moment to think of the senses you've experienced over the summer, and I'll just bet you that you'll take notice of some of the special little things! I can't wait to see your creations!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, I love the whole "spidey sense" thing!!! totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just very cool... love the pink with the individual elements to it!

    ReplyDelete