Saturday, August 14, 2010

Music Inspiration ~ Jo West


"If music be the food of love, play on" this has got to be one of the most famous quotes about love ... it is believed that Shakespeare truly felt that music was the food of love ... and I believe it as well. And isn't that what we usually celebrate in our scrapbooks??? love??? family love, sibling love, marriage, soul mates, first crushes, puppy love ... the love in all forms that is the basis for our lives and our families. So why not celebrate it by using the words to establish the "soundtrack" to our layouts.

I listen to a lot of music when i create ... it fuels my creative fire ... and sometimes a song will come up that just works with a photo i am looking at. and it doesn't have to be a terrific photo, a huge moment, a life changing event ... just a photo.

In this case, a not very good photo ... seriously, daughter didn't even want me to scrap it because it was her just taking a break on a walk ... you know, the walk you have early in the day, no make up, wearing sweats ... yeah, that kind of walk ... but i did want to scrap it and remember it because it was one of the first really beautiful days of the summer, and because it was a walk filled with laughter & buttercups ... and what better journalling that the lyrics to a song that I will always associate with this photo ...

so this is my layout and my soundtrack ... I hope it will inspire you to use music in some form in some of your layouts ...


I used the last of my IOD for Creative Imaginations paper, i really loved this line with all of its soft colours and lovely ladybugs ... yup, lots of glossy accents used on the cut out lady bugs and little red dots that appear on the paper.


detail ... i love using ribbon and tulle ... i just wanted texture and movement on the page ... to me, its the breeze that was in the air that day

I did this one last year using Basic Grey ...


One of my first layouts using a "soundtrack". Everything except the transparency is Scenic Route.

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Jo

1 comment:

  1. OMG Jo!! These are all so rockin'!!!! I absolutely love the ribbon and tulle detail on your most current L.O. And "In Your Eyes" - magnificent!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete