Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day - by Cari Locken


I love celebrating my dad and my kids love doing the same for their day. But don't ya think that sometimes the hoopla for Mother's Day is so much more? I don't get it. I know in our family my husband is both an amazing dad and husband. He loves our children & does so much with them and they just adore him. We're not planning to do anything big but we are having a nice lunch with my side of the family and just hanging out for the day.
Our middle one made a book for him at school and I actually snuck a peek at it the other day when I was putting it in a "secret" place. Oh my! It made me cry. It was straight from the heart.

The kids helped me make this small gift for their dad as he loves chocolate covered raisins. We were going to get some golf tees as well but I ran out of time before this post. We may still get to that before Sunday though.

Supplies: Imaginisce "Live Loud" collection (paper, ribbon, chipboard), Scenic Route chipboard "u", Making Memories alpha stickers

And this layout is about my dad. I love him and I'm so thankful that he's my dad.

Supplies: Heidi Swapp patterned paper & chipboard crown, American Crafts thickers, Making Memories letter stickers

and this layout (I created a while ago) is about my hubby. I love how the kids admire him so and want to be just like him (... in some way)

Supplies: Core'dinations cardstock, twine, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Stampin' Up punch

And here's an album that I made last year for a class that I taught.

Just a few of the inside pages.

I hope that you are able to enjoy being with your father and celebrating him.
Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!

4 comments:

  1. Cari what a whole lot of beautiful inspiration ... I love the shape of your layout of your dad ... and the jar ... totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects Cari! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari, as usual, you work is amazing! I love your mini album, the colours are very appealing and the rub-on on the front cover adds a nice touch! Love your other projects as well, lovely!

    ReplyDelete