Friday, June 11, 2010

Art Inspiration Challenge by Jo

Hi! New member here! I am so happy to be part of this team ... the members of this team have been inspiring me for quite a while, and I am totally awestruck to be here.


Okay, the Challenge .... I love this inspiration piece by Etsy artist "ccvalenzo". As soon as I saw it I knew which photo I wanted to scrap. The image of a spiral walkway emulates the spiral shape of the background in this photo ... I have been waiting to scrap this photo for about 2 years without knowing what to do with it ... this Etsy piece provided the perfect inspiration. The flowers are diecut from white cardstock and patterned paper and their centers are made from bits of shiny mesh type fabric and glitter topped with Tim Holtz round fragments. The overlay is by Hambly, tape and patterned paper are 7Gypsies and I used two colours of the Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I also gently distressed the large piece of white cardstock by creasing and wrinkling lightly.

Inspiration comes from everywhere ... in this case, a beautiful necklace and it's background ... take pictures of things that inspire you ... surround yourself with items that inspire you ... and have fun scrapping them!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I was so focused on the heart I didn't even think about the spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you took the spiral from the inspiration and interpreted in such a unique way! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jo, love that you too the piece as photo inspiration, not just in colours and embellishments. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of this challenge! Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete