Friday, April 29, 2011

Old School Tools Challenge by Debby Visser


This week our challenge is to pull out those old school tools, like foam stamps, deocrative scissors, Dymo labeller and the list goes on..........
Basically pull out the old supplies you need to dust off and put them to work!

I pulled out my foam stamps by Making Memories and painted this sign for my bathroom. My bathroom is this colour.
The wood I found in the pile outside, I just dusted and washed it. You could stop at your local hardward store and see if they have a 'free wood' box, if you don't have scrap lumber at your house. I do cause hubby is in construction and always bringing something home. lol

To create a sign like this you will need:
- Stamps - the old foam ones by Making Memories work great!
- Paint - I used Making Memories paint
- Foam Brush
- Wood
- Pattern paper
- Edge Punch
- Chipboard alpha
- Heart Punch
- Sand paper
- Old Paper distress ink by Tim Holtz




Once you have your supplies, go ahead and stamp your title and let dry. Once it is dry you can add pieces of patterned paper. A small strip at the top and a bigger one at the bottom. Then take your sand paper and sand all the paper edges to help it blend in, look like it has been there for awhile. Then take your distress ink and ink all the edges and on top some too to give the paper an older look. After that was done I added the alphabet saying and sanded it, then distressed it too.



And just like that you have your own custom wall hanging. AND you used your old tools!
I hope you get a chance to play along, and if you do, don't forget to share with us!
Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment