Friday, April 8, 2011

Celebrations with Virginia Wong

"Ce-le-brate" - every time I hear this word, I think of that song by Kool and the Gang; am I dating myself????? :-)

Personally I find celebration-style photos to be very challenging to scrap. Why? Well, often I have ALOT of them and secondly they are not the best technically :-( For this challenge, I tackled it head on. Rather than scrap ALL the photos, I picked the very best ones and used only those photos that told the story I wanted to tell.

Here are my layouts...


Supplies:  Close to my Heart (cardstock); Sassafras (pattern paper, border strips); Stampin' Up (notebook edge punch); Spellbinders (cupcake die); Rangers (liquid pearls); American Crafts (alphas); stitching. Inspired by a sketch from Valerie Salmon (Got Sketch? blog)



Supplies:  Bazzill (scalloped cardstock); Echo Park (pattern paper, journal spot, banner flags, die cut stickers, mini alphas); Heidi Swapp (number 5); American Crafts (pen for journaling). Layout inspired by a Valerie Salmon (Got Sketch?) sketch

I'd love to see your Celebration layouts too! Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment