Friday, February 25, 2011

Scraplift Challenge by Virginia Wong

Scraplifting - the very sound of the word is ominous! When I first started scrapping I would never dream of lifting an idea or element from another scrapper. It subsequently took me ages to complete anything because I never wanted to be labelled with plagerism. Then I found out, everyone did it and it was perfectly fine as long as you gave credit where credit is due.

I often use Valerie Salmon sketches from her Got Sketch blog. There is something about her sketches that I adore. Now I can't remember which sketch it was but I know it was several months if not a year or more ago. My interpretation of the sketch is below - I rarely follow a sketch exactly as I am compelled put my own Virginia-ism on it!



Supplies:  SEI (pattern papers, die cut stickers, glitter alphas); BasicGrey (chipboard alphas); American Crafts (ribbon of roses); Prima (pearls)

Over the years I have loved this classic design and find myself scraplifting myself over and over again as shown below.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); The Girls' Paperie (pattern paper), Urban Lily (chipboard sentiment); Prima (flower, pearl); ribbon (source unknown)

Here I added a strip of pattern paper on the top and played with the die cut pattern paper.




Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Nikki Sivils (pattern paper); Heidi Swapp (chipboard alphas); Prima (bling heart and gems)

Here I added a third picture and fussy cut a few images.



Supplies:  Close to my Heart (black cardstock); Cosmo Cricket (pattern paper, chipboard elements); American Crafts (Remarks alphas, pen for journalling); Basic Grey (large chipboard alpha); Tattered Angels (glimmer mist); Little Yellow Bicycle (chipboard square journal spots)

Here I had a swack of pictures showing my youngest learning how to roll into the water! To compensate, I shrunk the pattern paper portions and added extra pictures.



Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); American Crafts (pattern paper); Quickutz (die cut alphas); Evalicious (felt accents - these are to die for!!!!)

These pictures just called for me flipping the pictures from the top to the bottom.

I hope you can see how fun and time efficient it is to scraplift. So what about you? Do you scraplift? Can you show me your creations?

No comments:

Post a Comment