Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Lovin' by Virginia Wong

What's not to love about summer? We love the lazy days filled with sunshine galore, having picnics on the deck after running through the sprinkler; wearing shorts and tank tops or pretty summer dresses. All of these day to day activities give this Mama-razzi plenty of photo opportunities! And with those gajillion photos, I scrap! Summer photos are some of my favorites to scrap! I adore the spectrum of vibrant colours and smiling faces!

Here are a few summer layouts that I have created!

This layout sums up what my girls love to do best in the summer - swim, sun through the sprinkler, jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath, and wear their bathing suit all day long! LOL


Supplies:  Ruby Rock It (pattern paper, die cuts, ribbon, brad, gems); Chatterbox (alphas); Cuttlebug (butterfly die)

At the end of a fun filled day, I love moments when there is sisterly love abounding! I love these colours! My girls wear vibrant colourful clothes all year round but during the summer, those colours bring me inspiration galore!



This layout was contributed to Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch blog.

Supplies:  BasicGrey (pattern papers, chipboard accents, cardstock stickers, border stickers); Kaisercraft (gems); American Crafts (pen for journaling and "stitching")

It's important to me to capture even the mundane of events. In this layout, we spent the afternoon exploring.


Supplies:  Kiki Art (pattern papers, chipboard heart); EK Success (border punch); American Crafts (pen for stitching); sun, house and grass designs by Virginia

At the end of summer, I like to create a summary layout of our highlights. Below is a layout from 2006 - 2010 isn't over yet! LOL


Supplies:  Basic Grey (pattern paper, alphas); American Crafts (numbers for 2006, foam butterfly); Prima (flowers); Close to my Heart (pink brads); pink felt flower (source unknown)

As you can see, I love love love to scrap our summer days! :-) Now that I've shared my summer layouts, I would love to see your summer layouts! Please post a link to your summer layouts, ok?

4 comments:

  1. Such happy and bright layouts!!! love the second one with the house, i will have to scraplift this for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also take a ton of pictures during the summer. I love the third layout (Afternoon Delights) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Virginia - so much good stuff going on!! I love how you do a summer round-up layout - great idea! And I totally agree about bright summer clothing - summer pics have always been my fave to scrap! Thanks for sharing so much!

    ReplyDelete