Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Lovin' By Chriss Hird

We've been so lucky with this weather we've been having lately, hey? Have you found its been giving you ample opportunities for scrappable shots? I sure have! Trips to the beach, the waterpark and just general hanging out in the summer sun, having fun.

There's also some great new lines out right now that reflect this wonderful summer season. One of my new favourite paper companies, that seemed to be a big buzz at the latest CHA, was actually introduced to me by my fellow Inspired Scrapper, Erica (thanks!!) I'm loving Echo Park right now! I find it reminds me of another one of my faves, October Afternoon. They're certainly not the same, but there's something there that links them together for me.

I used Echo Park's "Sweet Summertime" line for my layout. Its so colourful and cheery, really easy to create with.


The line is chock a block full of fun double sided papers and cardstock stickers and alphas. Love it!

Here's what I did with it:


And some details:


These cardstock stickers actually do stick quite well. Do they look like they're coming up? That's because I couldn't make up my mind and re-positioned then a few times...rats! Why couldn't I have gotten it right the first time?! But let's look at the bright side, it goes to show that if you aren't happy with the placement, they do come up fairly easily.


I used complimentary coloured buttons just to add a bit of depth to my page. All in all the page is quite simple, but I loved the outcome.

I hope you're enjoying this beautiful summer and capturing some great memories. I can't wait to see your sweet summer layouts and projects!

6 comments:

  1. omg ... where did you find the Echo Park ... ive been looking for it ... loves it!!! and wonderful layout ... love the circles with the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy layout!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I came across Echo Park at Photo Express, the day after Erica showed it to me (she'd gotten it online, I believe). I was hoping, Jo, maybe you guys would get it in as I'd like to support POTP! The have indeed come out with some great collections, and, though I've yet to see them, I hear the Halloween and Christmas collections are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered this entire line, hopefully it comes quickly! The semi circles and buttons are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Echo Park!! Your composition on this layout is SO cool - your use of (white!) white space is perfection! :) Also love how you photographed your layout so creatively with the towel and bucket...well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete