Friday, July 23, 2010

Colour Challenge by Erica Perkins

I love the colours in today's colour challenge...makes me think of the East Coast and makes me think of eating lobsters on the beach (even though I've never done this before). The other piece of love of this inspiration page is the layout. What a great grid for photos too.


I have a photoshop program that I barely ever use, so I'm not very proficient at it, but I have learned how to turn a photo to black and white and then erase some of the desaturation to highlight the colour of one part of the photo, like I did here with the red balloon. The balloon was important because it was the first time my son could blow up a balloon fully.

I didn't have a really pale blue in my stash, so I chose this blue and made it my background, using the red and white more as accents. I pulled out some old items from my stash, like old Cosmo Cricket papers, mesh, and Cosmo Cricket blackboard alphas, which I added a few silver beads to.

Supplies used: Bazzill cardstock, Cosmo Cricket pp and blackboard alphas, AC button, magic mesh and misc ribbon and silver beads.

These colours have so much impact. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

2 comments:

  1. Erica, love this layout, it is so bright and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination, and I like the way you made it more masculine. Well done!

    ReplyDelete