Friday, May 21, 2010

"All Things Animal" by Cari Locken



Hi there!

Hope you've had a great week. I admit that I'm thankful that it's Friday because I love the weekends. I like all of us being together especially after a busy weekend.

My challenge this month was to create a project about animals. So as I was tidying up the boys' bedroom and making their beds I came across a gazillion stuff animals everywhere and thought that I would document on a layout about just a few of them.

Here's my layout about my youngest child's 1st stuffed animals and how he has become very fond of one in particular. (and believe me, it shows!!!)


Supplies used: October Afternoon papers, Core'dinations Cardstock, Basic Grey chipboard alpha, other chipboard (flowers, large label & heart) by Fancy Pants, buttons (Chatterbox), Fiskars border punch, corner rounded punch (EK Success)

I'd love to see what you come up with using the theme of animals. The possibilities are truly endless so have fun!! And ... have a great long weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. Cari, I LOVE this layout!! Such a cute topic! And, the composition is so appealing - I have sooo many 4x6 photos and I always struggle to find a satisfying way to use two on a page when one is 4x6 and the other is 6x4! This is so perfect, I think I'm going to scraplift it at least a dozen times! :) The pictures are cute too - I can just imagine JJ's wife one day seeing this layout - if Lambie is one day so well loved that he disintegrates or if he one day disappears, what a treat to have this record of a sweet childhood touchstone. You've inspired me to photograph my children's well loved stuffies! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the heart in the title. I'm sure this layout will be as treasured as his stuffie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! I love the idea behind it and think I may have to do one too!! And, as a huge October Afternoon fan, I LOVE the papers, colors, patterns, etc.!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cari, I've scrapped my ds's fav stuffie (the only one he's really attached to) and it's one of my favs. I'm sure I could do a mini album on dd's stuffies. Love this concept.

    ReplyDelete