Monday, December 27, 2010

Not your standard size/shape Card Challenge by Cari Locken

Hi there!
Cari here with another post for this wonderful card challenge - creating cards that are not a standard shape or size. First of all, I trust that you've all had a wonderful Christmas with your families. We had a great time here.

I love making cards! I admit, though, that I tend to stick to the same sizes when I make them. Probably because I like to get the most out of my paper. ;)

However, I can share one that I created in the shape of a party hat.

Supplies used: American Crafts paper, ribbons & rub-ons, Kaiser Craft rhinestone flowers, Fiskars border punch
And here's another one that measures 3" x 7". Not a typical size but it's a fun one.
Supplies used: Cosmo Cricket papers, chipboard, and "for you" die-cut, Prima (Flowers), ribbon, buttons, twine, Bazzill Basics Cardstock.

This card measure 4" x 5". Another non-traditional shape but it works.

Supplies used: Bazzill Basics cardstock, MME papers, Fiskars border punch, flowers (Prima and Kasier Craft), ribbon (May Arts), rub-ons (Pebbles)

I really should start making more with a unique shape because they are really fun.
This is an older one that I made with a card set. It's actually a pocket with a tag tucked inside. (sorry for the not-so-great photo).
Supplies used: Bazzill Basics cardstock, SEI papers, Melissa Frances rub-ons, decorative scissors, ribbon (May Arts)

I hope that we've challenged you to try some new shapes, designs and sizes when you create your cards. I'm definitely going to start using my Cricut for some of these as well because the possibilities are endless.
Have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. Your work is always an inspiration...just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, Cari!! That party hat is adorable, and doesn't look too intimidating as far as trying a different shape goes! And I really like the taller, narrower card too - another idea that intimidates me. I'm going to take the challenge and give something different a try! And the idea of using my Cricut...whoah...opens up a whole new world of opportunities!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete