Monday, December 27, 2010

Not Your Standard Size/Shape Card Challenge by Erica Perkins

I'm truly not much of a card maker, so when I started out making cards, they were the usual 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card. Then I started to feel more comfortable and was inspired by other envelope sizes and things I saw around me. Now I have a bit more fun with my cards and have created ones like:

This fun octagon shaped card inspired by the shapes on a rummoli board.


Then there are those long A2 envelopes that had me making cards like these. What I kind of love about these is they really stand out among someone's cards, so everyone notices them.


My favourite sizes to make right now though are 5x5 and 3x3 cards. The envelopes for these are pretty available (I got mine from Stampin' Up, but I know there are lots of options). If you are like me and scrap 12x12 layouts for the most part, these are just a smaller version of that perfect square. I find them easier to do then the standard size.



And the trick to these circle cards is to not quite cut a perfect circle. You want to keep the fold edge flat and slice the smallest bit of the bottom so it'll stand up for you.


Now it's your turn to create some unique cards ... we challenge you to step out of the box!

2 comments:

  1. Erica you're a fabulous card maker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so fun, Erica!! I really want to try the bigger cards (for A2's), and the circle cards too are so cute! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete