Monday, September 20, 2010

*NEW* - Card Challenges on Mondays!

Hello, good morning, Happy Monday! As I write this, I am sitting at my computer desk looking out of my upstairs stairwell windows, and let me tell you - it is a very grey, very rainy day in my little neck of the woods!

I interpret this kind of weather to be perfect weather for fixing myself a pot of tea and settling in for some paper play time! (While still juggling the schedules and demands/needs of a preschooler, a gradeschooler, and a highschooler!). But nevermind that, it's doable, right?!

Here at The Inspired Scrapper, we have decided to start posting card challenges every second Monday, with the hope that we can eventually step it up and host a challenge every Monday.

So, without further ado - our inaugural Monday Card Challenge is - Tag It!! Incorporate a tag (or tags!) into a card.

Chriss has provided an amazing example where, not only did she design a card using a tag, but the tag itself actually separates from the card and becomes a bookmark! Very cool idea - a gift and a card all in one! Imagine somebody's pleasure when finding this in their mailbox instead of just the usual flyers and bills?

My card sample is very straightforward and simple. Using a favorite Sizzix die and my handy, dandy Cuttlebug, I cut two different sizes of tags and stacked them, using foam tape in between the two tags to separate and differentiate the layers a little bit. I kept the card very simple with a lot of 'white space' - something I don't usually do. And - that's it! Sometimes going simpler is hard for me - I struggle with the feeling that I have to add more - more layers, more colours, more patterns...more something. I am going to force myself to leave this card as-is by writing a short note to a friend and popping it straight into the mail - no time to think about it! And, for my friend - 'happy mail' arriving in a few days for no reason except to say, 'Hi! I like you!'. I'm sure that she will be so busy smiling that she won't stop to critique my creative touches (or lack thereof!).



Care to join us in our 'Tag It' challenge? Leave a comment letting us know where to go to see your card(s) - we're looking forward to it!!

'Bye for now,
Jillian.

4 comments:

  1. Jillian, love the simplicity of this card, and the layering of tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I also love the simplicity of the kraft tag! You made this card look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those kraft tags...great idea to layer them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the white space Jillian. Its the old adage, less is more!

    ReplyDelete